Nepal is subject to monsoons from May to September, but Mustang is in the arid region of the Tibetan plateau and you can visit all year round without fear of long rains. During the trekking, we will mainly stay in lodges. If tents are required, they will be provided by the organisation. Porters or animals like yak or horses will carry common materials and participants’ equipment. You can also rent a horse for the day. Our corresponding agency will take care of the local organization of the trekking and will offer the group porters and an English speaking guide. Groups with more than 12 participants will have a tour leader from Italy.
Arrival in Kathmandu-Nepal.
Rest day in Kathmandu. Trekking permit regularization. Last minute purchase of materials and food for the trekking.
Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara.
Flight from Pokhara to Jomsom (2,700 m), where the trek begins. We will go up the valley, where the rock walls take on unusual colours, from red to green to blue. The vegetation is found only around the villages and is an explosion of life in a desert place: buckwheat, barley and goats herding are the livelihood of local populations.
From Jomsom to Kagbeni (2,810 m).
From Kagbeni to Chele (3,050 m).
From Chele to Samar (3,659 m).
From Samar to Gilling.
From Gilling to Groan.
From Groan to Tsarang (3,620 m).
From Tsarang to Lo Manthang (3,620 m).
Rest day in Lo Manthang, capital of Mustang. It is a medieval city, surrounded by a rectangle of high walls and a few gates. Here we can visit a Buddhist school where new generations of Lamas are taught.
If you’re lucky enough to get there at harvest time, the atmosphere is magical: hundreds of people are out in the fields harvesting the crop and everywhere horses carrying it inside the walls.
From Lo Mantang to Dakmar.
From Dakmar to Syangmochen.
From Syangmochen to Chuksang.
From Chuksang to Muktinath.
From Muktinath to Jomsom.
Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara.
Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
Rest day in Kathmandu.
Departure from Kathmandu.
from €3,350 with 8 participants
from €3,500 with 4 participants
- the assistance of a UIAGM certified Mountain Guide
- liability insurance
- loan of shared safety material
- local guide service (English speaking)
- Intercontinental flights economy class (Milan/Kathmandu return trip)
- domestic flights (Pokara-Jomson-Pokara-Kathmandu) with 10 kg of free baggage allowance
- transfers from/to airports in Nepal
- all domestic transportation by air or by land as scheduled
- accommodation in lodges (except in some stages where overnight stay will be in tents)
The rate does not include
- research and rescue insurance with UVGAM coverage (recommended): €40 per person for 1 year
- the Mountain Guide’s expenses (flights, transfers, meals and accommodation) to be covered by participants
- transfers by means of local transportation
- airport taxes to be determined at time of ticketing (€350 per person)
- visas and boarding fees
- trekking permit ($500 per person) and park fees
- expenses for food (including drinks, tips and extras)
- overnight stays in Kathmandu and Pokhara (3 stars hotels – double rooms with breakfast only)
- single room supplement (€200 per person)
- high season supplement in August and October (€300 per person)
- Tiji Festival supplement (€200 per person)
- other expenses (personal expenses, etc…)
- anything that is not mentioned under "The rate includes"