Arrival in Mendoza, Argentina.
Rest day in Mendoza. We will pick up the climbing permits and make last minute purchases of supplies and technical materials.
Transfer from Mendoza to Puente del Inca (2,725 m) by bus. A whole day in bus and we’ll begin to get a feel for the Andean landscapes.
From Puente del Inca we will reach Laguna Horcones (2,950 m) and the entrance of the Provincial Park by car. Here begins our first day of trekking, which will take us to Confluencia (3,400 m), a must for making the most of the acclimatization.
In Confluencia we must submit to a compulsory medical examination. We’ll take this opportunity for a hike to go and admire the South face of Aconcagua or for resting.
We’ll head to Plaza de Mulas (4,300 m), the Aconcagua base camp, in the valley of Rio Horcones, totally immersed in a rocky environment.
Day of rest, that we will use to set up the base camp. Here, too, we must submit to medical examinations.
We will start the program of acclimatization by hiking to Cerro Bonete (5,000 m) and coming back to base camp.
Rest day at Base Camp. Preparation of the equipment for the following day.
We will transport the equipment to Nido de Condores (5,600 m), set up Camp 1 and go back to Plaza de Mulas.
Rest day at Base Camp. Preparation for the ascent to the summit.
Ascent to Nido de Condores and overnight at Camp 1.
First attempt to climb to the summit of Aconcagua (6,962 m).
We set off at 2:00 am to reach the summit with an 8-hour climb. Up to 6,700 m, the trail is smooth. Then, we will have to tackle the Canaleta, a scree that leads to the summit. Here the pace is extremely slow and fatigue will be really great but the arrival on the summit provides incredible views and great satisfaction. Return to Nido de Condores.
Extra days for climbing to the summit.
We’ll go down to Plaza de Mulas taking the equipment from Camp 1.
Rest day at Plaza de Mulas and dismantling of base camp.
Trekking back from Plaza de Mulas to Laguna Horcones (24 km) and transfer by car to Puente del Inca.
Transfer from Puente del Inca to Mendoza by bus.
Rest day in Mendoza.
Departure from Mendoza.
- the assistance of a UIAGM certified Mountain Guide
- liability insurance
- transfers from/to the airport of Mendoza
- 3 nights in hotel in Mendoza, breakfast included
- assistance to buy food and materials on site
- trekking to Base camp, meals and accommodation in tents for 12 days
- transport to/from the Base camp of personal equipment (max 30 kg per person
- miscellaneous fees (environment, park entrance, waste)
The rate does not include
- research and rescue insurance with UVGAM coverage (recommended): €40 per person for 1 year
- the Mountain Guide’s expenses (flights, transfers, meals and accommodation) to be covered by all participants
- transfers with local transport
- other expenses (possible overnight stay in Buenos Aires, food, etc.)
- international air flights and any internal flights
- any charges for the shipment of baggage
- transport to a/from base camp of equipment exceeding 30 kg per person ($50 x mule
- materials and meals for high camps
- climbing permits for Aconcagua (costs depend on period)
- personal insurance
- possible intervention of the rescue helicopter
- anything that is not mentioned under "The rate includes"