Arrival in Kathmandu-Nepal.
Rest day in Kathmandu. Climbing permit regularization. Purchase of materials and food needed for the expedition.
Transfer from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi (1,500 m) which can be reached by bus with a day of travel. Often, the road is not in pristine condition and can be blocked by landslides, so sometimes you have to do some walking to get from one bus to another.
From Siabru Besi the path goes into the jungle. At the end of the day we’ll get to the Lama Hotel (2,748 m).
We’ll hike up to Langtang Village (3,500 m). The valley becomes narrower and steeper and finally we exit the forest.
Hike to Langtang Lirung Base Camp (4,300 m). The Base Camp is located on the right bank of a large glacier, in a small and grassy moraine valley. With yaks often grazing around the tents, the ambience is pleasantly rural.
Rest day at Base Camp. We will set up the camp and get the equipment ready for the climb.
Acclimatization, transport of equipment, setting up of camps and attempt to climb to the summit. We begin to transport the material to the advanced camp, at the base of a steep channel. We’ll have to equip this channel with fixed ropes to ensure an easy descent from the ridge that starts at the top of the channel. At first, the ridge is rocky and not easy, but soon the rock gives way to snow and it is similar to the Kuffner on Maudit. At the start of the snowy ridge will set up another camp for the final attack. This climb, despite not having extreme difficulties, is by no means trivial. In fact, it is not attempted very often. So, we must arrive at base camp with the right attitude and an open mind, as well as well prepared.
Descent from the Base Camp to the Lama Hotel.
Downhill hike from Lama Hotel to Syabru Besi.
Transfer from Syabru Besi to Kathmandu by bus.
Rest day in Kathmandu.
Departure from Kathmandu.
- the assistance of a UIAGM certified Mountain Guide
- liability insurance
- loan of shared safety material
The rate does not include
- research and rescue insurance with UVGAM coverage (recommended): €40 per person for 1 year
- the hiring of any personal equipment (harness, ice axe, crampons and helmet): €20/day per person while supplies last
- transfers, meals and accommodation
- the Mountain Guide’s expenses (flights, transfers, meals and accommodation) to be covered by participants
- flights, transfers by means of local transportation
- other expenses
- anything that is not mentioned under "The rate includes"